Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The first of a four cache day



This morning, Nola and I made a loop starting in Redding and going up to Shingletown, to Manton, to Red Bluff and then home. This totem pole was at a Geocache called "Lil Marah". The totem was built by a fellow named John Welsh and is retired from the U.S. Forest Service - I knew him when I was working for the USFS - have not seen him for several years. We then wandered down to Manton on the back roads, having an enjoyable drive through the country side. We saw some of the fire damage at Manton due to last fall's "Manton Fire". However, since the rain things are getting green and looking O.K. We concluded our little drive by going to Red Bluff and then up I-5, back to Redding. We found four geocaches today. I'm having too much fun! When we got home and got lunch out of the way, I took down the outside Christmas lights and helped Nola put the Christmas stuff back up in the garage attic. Getting myself prepared to watch USC & Texas do battle in the Rose Bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home